Teeth WHitening in Oak Creek
A brighter smile can change the way you feel about your smile and give you the confidence boost you’ve been looking for! At Oak Creek Dental Care, we offer professional take-home teeth whitening kits so you can restore your smile safely, quickly, and on your own schedule. Call us today to learn more about how you can get professional whitening results in the comfort of your own home!
How does teeth
A huge variety of teeth whitening products exist on the market today. Professional-grade whitening products provide superior results and brighten your smile with safe, gentle care. The key ingredient in our teeth whitening products is a special type of volatile oxygen molecule, called a “peroxide.” These highly-volatile molecules react strongly to the organic compounds that stain teeth. When a peroxide contacts a stain, the chemical bonds holding it to the enamel are broken, “bleaching” the stain away, and restoring the natural brightness of your teeth.
The take-home Teeth Whitening process
We offer custom-made take-home teeth whitening kits for each patient. Dr. Saleki will take impressions of your teeth and use them to create custom-made dental trays. Then, we'll provide you with a professional-grade whitening gel or paste, and give you instructions for your treatment.
Simply apply the whitening products and wear your trays as instructed for a period of 2-3 weeks. By the end of your treatment, your teeth will be up to 5-10 shades whiter and free of issues like coffee stains and yellowing.
The Benefits of Take-Home Teeth Whitening
Here are just a few reasons patients love professional whitening from Oak Creek Dental Care:
- Treatment on your terms – You don’t have to spend a long time in the dentist’s chair, and you can treat yourself on your own schedule.
- Professional-grade results – Take-home teeth whitening offers the same results as in-office whitening because we use the same clinical-grade peroxide compounds and custom-fit trays.
- Gradual whitening – Unlike in-office whitening, take-home teeth whitening offers gradual results over a period of weeks. This makes it less obvious that you’ve had your teeth whitened.
- Restore your youthful appearance – Teeth tend to become yellow and stained with age, so removing these discolorations can help you look more youthful.
- Boost your confidence – Best of all, you’ll feel great about your smile, and you won’t feel self-conscious about stained or yellowed teeth.
How often should I get my teeth whitened?
Again, this depends on how white you want your smile to be, and how well you care for your teeth at home. Some patients may want a whitening touch-up every year, while others may go 2-3 years or longer between professional teeth whitening appointments.
This is another reason it’s important to come to Oak Creek Dental Care for regular teeth cleanings. Dr. Saleki can check for stains and recommend the appropriate interval for teeth whitening to keep your smile looking beautiful.
If you want to prolong the results of your whitening treatment and go longer between touch-ups, we recommend integrating an ADA-accepted whitening toothpaste and whitening mouthwash into your dental routine.
Whitening toothpaste and mouthwash with peroxide can help prevent minor stain buildup, and if the products are ADA-accepted, that means they’re totally safe to use as long as you follow the instructions on the packaging.
Does teeth whitening cause sensitivity?
Yes. Teeth whitening is known to cause minor tooth sensitivity in most patients. However, this is nothing to be concerned about. Teeth whitening does not damage your teeth, especially when it’s done by a professional, experienced dentist like Dr. Saleki.
Most patients will only experience serious sensitivity for a few days, and then it will subside. During this time, you may want to use an anti-sensitivity toothpaste like Sensodyne, switch to a soft-bristled toothbrush, and avoid extremely hot or cold foods and drinks, like hot coffee and ice cream.
In addition, we highly recommend informing Dr. Saleki before your appointment if you have existing tooth sensitivity issues. As an experienced cosmetic dentist in Oak Creek, he can adjust the whitening products and the whitening process accordingly to make sure you stay comfortable throughout your treatment.
How long does teeth whitening last?
This is entirely dependent on how you take care of your teeth after your appointment. However, the effects of teeth whitening usually last between 1-2 years for most patients. Interested in maximizing the lifespan of your treatment? Here are a few recommendations from Oak Creek Dental Care.
- Reduce intake of staining beverages – The most common culprits for tooth staining are coffee and tea, but soda, energy drinks, sports drinks, and pretty much any other naturally or artificially-colored beverage can cause stains. Try to reduce your intake of these beverages and drink more water.
- Drink staining beverages with a straw – Using a straw to drink coffee or tea can help the beverage bypass your teeth, which leads to a lower likelihood of stains developing on your teeth.
- Brush regularly – Make sure you’re brushing twice a day for two minutes. This will keep your mouth healthy and reduce plaque and tartar buildup, which can lead to surface stains. Not only that, but you’ll keep your teeth healthy and avoid cavities and gum disease, so that’s a win-win.
- Get regular dental cleanings – Teeth cleanings and oral exams at Oak Creek Dental Care let Dr. Saleki track your oral health and allow our team to remove plaque and tartar buildup, keeping your smile brilliant.
Schedule a cosmetic Consultation today
If you’re ready to get started with teeth whitening or you’re interested in other cosmetic treatments, contact Oak Creek Dental Care for an appointment right away. Dr. Saleki will listen to your needs and discuss your options for treatment. Give us a call at (414) 762-9010 to get started, or visit us in-person at 132 E Drexel Ave, Oak Creek, WI, 53154 if you’re nearby. We’re always accepting new patients, so we hope to see you soon!